Have you ever wondered about the content you see on a website? Who writes them?
Content writing is a significant factor in digital marketing. You can only understand the type of website you’ve discovered if there are some descriptions.
Content marketing becomes even more crucial when you have a great SaaS product. To let the world know about your services and how your product helps people, you need modern ways to propel your website to fame. A SaaS SEO copywriter can make that difference.
Let me introduce you to the perfect practice to grow your audience with limited time and money. This article will help you find the ultimate answer to why you should hire a B2B copywriter for your company.
What is SaaS SEO Copywriting?
SaaS SEO copywriting is the art of writing compelling and persuasive content that convinces people to try and use your SaaS product. It mainly highlights how your product is the most valuable thing in the market, which will help gain more subscribers.
Your copy must include catchy phrases that can build a connection with the reader. In essence, create SaaS content that will make people stop and stare.
For example, let’s look at Slack’s homepage.
They wrote their app’s primary goal uniquely and creatively, urging people to read more.
What Does a SaaS Copywriter Do?
A SaaS copywriter understands and actively constructs content that focuses on your target audience. The types of content they mainly create are;
Landing pages are crucial to be creative. You can only lure more customers if they are appealing and well-maintained. A SaaS copywriter helps you create a keyword-rich landing page, comparing it with your competitors and making it far better than them. It will include the details your visitor wants, like the company’s name, email address, etc.
What is a SaaS business without its products?
A product must be the main highlight of the whole website. A brilliant description will attract more customers. To encourage the purchase, you must include an innovative way to portray your product. This is where a SaaS copywriter flaunts their talent.
They make your target audience aware of the benefits, essential visuals, and customer reviews to encourage them to buy.
Optimize Website Copy
Every SaaS company needs a catchy homepage.
It is always necessary to make your website worth surfing. Visitors might land on your site through online advertisements or search results. So, how your website is portrayed makes a huge difference in who will stay and who will not.
A SaaS copywriter is essential because they can make a good impression with the content they create. Most importantly, they help in attaining high CTAs.
Who doesn’t like to read a fun-filled email amidst all the AI-generated emails? Well, I do.
Every content marketing strategy will include an email campaign. You should craft those emails to clarify your website and products. A copywriter creates welcome emails, informational emails, and other emails. They will have a unique way to express the website vision most engagingly.
How To Become a B2B Copywriter?
We need writers; every company needs writers to market their products. There is little difference between business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) copywriting. So, your main job is to attract visitors, which will be potential customers, by creating a copy of the SaaS products.
If you are keen on choosing a career in SaaS writing, you must have a portfolio of your work. Everyone who is hiring a writer needs to see your quality and the way you are writing.
If you don’t do SaaS content writing, you must start practicing by writing niche-specific articles for your chosen company. Brainstorm about the pain points these businesses are experiencing, which clarifies your topic choice.
What Are The Skills And Qualities Needed For a B2B SaaS Copywriter?
Writing is not as easy as it sounds. As a SaaS copywriter, you must possess specific skills and qualities so companies can hire you.
Explicit knowledge of B2B SaaS markets and products
How can anyone write about a topic without any prior knowledge? You know it is hard.
So, writing for a SaaS website will be a hassle if you don’t know how your customer’s software works, its problems, and its differences from competitors. You must be aware of the pain points, goals, and target audience of their business so that you can create content accordingly.
Ability to write crisp, clear, and compelling copy
Keep in mind the 3 C’s when writing a persuasive copy.
You can win in this field by swiftly communicating the client’s needs. The content must be clear and brief, which will attract more people. SaaS copywriting does not necessarily need creative writing because the customer is looking for products that have the benefits explained in sleek works.
CTAs can be increased by showcasing the benefits of your marketing software and trying to craft compelling copy that matches the brand voice, following technical SEO.
Open to learning and improving.
A SaaS content writer must be ready to learn new things and improve because the SaaS field constantly evolves. It would help if you stayed updated with the latest SEO trends and best practices so that you can apply them to the work you write.
When you are crafting a copy, there are chances that you will always get criticisms regarding your work. Make use of these reviews and criticisms to improve your writing skills. Also, don’t forget to use analytic tools to measure your performance.
How To Become a Freelance Copywriter?
If you want a flexible writing schedule, looking for freelance writing jobs is better. Plus, consider using an employee scheduling app for efficient time management and organization.
The hard part is that you must run your own business, which requires mastering everything. Start with sites like Fiverr, which will help you attain a good portfolio. Keep trying to get freelance jobs using LinkedIn, where hundreds of people are looking for a copywriter. It can help you in the future if you like to try for non-freelance jobs.
Tips To Help Hire a SaaS SEO Copywriter
Hiring someone for your company requires perfect attention because a mistake in the recruitment process can quickly bring everything you have built to the ground. Let me explain the tips for finding a suitable SEO content writer.
Select the correct hiring option.
Hiring options include;
• Content marketing agency: Where you will find professionals who help create high-quality content for SaaS websites.
• In-house copywriter: An employee at the SaaS company to create copy.
• Freelance copy-writer: A self-employed writer who can write engaging copy for multiple businesses simultaneously.
Design a job advertisement.
People search for job ads on platforms like LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, etc., which are famous for finding work. The ads must be clear and catchy so that people will choose your company.
• Job ads are more likely to be recognized if you use catchy titles. SaaS SEO copy-writer is better than just a copy-writer. Define the role clearly. Try to be more specific and add details of the job you are offering.
• To avoid getting spammy job applications, try highlighting the skills and requirements for your job. Make it specific, like it is easier to choose if the candidate has good knowledge of SEO and is fluent in English.
• Please include your company culture and values so that the candidate will get a view of the workspace they are applying to. Such descriptions are always appealing and will increase your authenticity.
• Including step-by-step instructions for applying for the job will be better. It will narrow down the confusion of applicants and try not to complicate the process.
You can easily find candidates on LinkedIn, where you can search for people who fit your niche.
Search for a SaaS SEO copy-writer on LinkedIn. Text them regarding the job offer. Make it professional and unique while describing what you are looking for. Probably include a personalized message like how you liked the candidate’s profile. Do these steps without creeping them out.
Interview the potential candidates.
You wouldn’t know the exact skills of a person before hiring. So, giving them a niche-based assignment, which will provide you with the candidate’s writing style, is always helpful. Leveraging a hiring software can significantly streamline and automate this crucial process.
An interview can analyze the communication skills of the candidate. If you find the right person, send your offer letter.
Interview questions are essential in this step. Let me give you an idea of how it works.
• How do you conduct SaaS keyword research?
• What is your writing process?
• What content marketing tools do you use?
• How many compelling SaaS articles can you write weekly?
• How do you optimize your work for SEO?
Tips To Upgrade Your Copywriting Skills
• Write in simple language, and don’t confuse them with the jargon. Keep tabs on your customer journey where your reader is, and follow what your product is about.
• If you need people to stay to read your content, including a storyline will help. With humor and creative headings, brand storytelling can make your content strive.
• Make a content strategy according to your brand’s tone of voice.
• Write customer-centric content. Include what they need and use verb-first sentences.
• SaaS case studies prove that a perfect SEO strategy will give your content the expected search engine results. To conduct in-depth keyword research, include links, and optimize your content thoroughly.
• You can only make people stay if you focus more on the benefits of your products rather than the features you provide.
• Calls-to-action are where readers become customers. It is the next stage of the customer journey: signing up for a free trial, etc.
• Try to include social media proof of your product’s success, which will gain the trust of the people in your niche.
• As a SaaS writer, you must create a clear structure for presenting your content. Messy writing will not help you in any way.
To Wrap Up
To become a SaaS copywriter, you have to follow specific rules. Writing a copy will involve using SEO best practices, so you should know about SEO and its strategies. Crafting copy is not a simple job because you should be aware of the product or service that a SaaS provides.
Only choose this career if you are interested in SaaS marketing strategies and have a knack for enhancing web pages that drive more traffic to your website. The copywriting tips in this article will lead you to become the best in what you do.
What is SEO copywriting?
It means crafting a copy that will rank higher in SERPs, gradually converting your visitors into clients.
Is learning SEO necessary in copywriting?
Learning SEO is unnecessary, but when you start doing SaaS writing, you will gain basic knowledge about SEO and how to apply it. SEO includes optimizing the copy using keywords, links, title tags, etc.
How much does a copy-writer charge?
The charge depends on many factors like the type of copy they make, the research, the strategy, and the topic they are writing.
Is a subscription necessary for SaaS services?
Software businesses need subscriptions to keep up with customer engagement. It will also help in generating income. But the most crucial part is that people are more likely to choose your website if they can pay monthly rather than all at once. So, a subscription plays a significant role in SaaS services.