Now that we have discussed how to settle upon a niche, target keywords, and perform competition analysis, it is time that we learn to scale up the website and expand the business. There are essentially three steps that you have to keep in mind-
• Have one niche in your mind at the beginning
• Target its main and biggest keywords
• Dominate the ranks for the big keywords, and once you build your authority, it will be easier for you to dominate everything
But your work does not just stop here. You have to build a long-term goal for your site even before you get capped. It is important to remember that once your site has acquired authority, it is easier to expand into other niches and reap the benefits.
The first pillar posts will always take some time to rank. This is because you are only just starting in the domain and getting a hang of everything. Also, since the domain is quite new, you will not have backlinks pointed at your site. However, as you start publishing more pillar posts and targeting keywords, your site authority shall grow. You will also have more backlinks. Websites like Forbes and TechCrunch have built their authority on such a scale that they rank for pretty much everything.
How Do You Plan The Growth?
Here are a few points that you could keep at the back of your mind if growing your site and generating substantial revenue out of it is your motto.
• Have one profitable niche on your mind at the beginning, but also have a list of a few other niches that you can segue into eventually.
• Choose a domain that has a bright future prospect. For instance, if your site is about vegan diets, then think about how you could expand this site into something else but relatable. Therefore, it would probably be a great idea to choose a domain like allaboutdiets.com or something like that. It is flexible and promising.
• Take it one niche at a time. This might sound antithetical to the entire ‘having more niches on your mind’ thing, but it is really not. Think about it. You need to target that one specific niche, target its keywords and then grow into other niches. If your parent niche itself isn’t as supportive, it is impossible to hope to expand the niche. Therefore, once you have built enough authority for that one niche, the rest will be a cakewalk.
How to improve your site’s authority?
The authority of your website is largely determined by these factors:
• The number of inbound links that refer to your site, including mentions on social media.
• The quantity and quality of the outgoing links.
• The quality of your site and its content and your SEO results.
Let us take a closer look at this:
Work on building links to your website:
When it comes to boosting your website’s rankings in search engines, link building is a powerful tool you can’t ignore. According to Google’s Andrey Lipattsev, backlinks play a major role in determining the position of your website in search results. Put simply, link building involves creating links to your website from other websites, making it easier for potential visitors to find you!
Improving your website’s mobile responsiveness:
Improving your website’s mobile responsiveness is crucial, as mobile devices now account for more than half of all internet traffic. Ensuring that your website loads quickly is also important, as visitors tend to abandon websites that take too long to load. You can improve your website’s page speed by optimizing images, minimizing HTTP requests, and reducing the size of your website’s files.
Obtain SSL certificate:
Another important factor in improving website authority is ensuring that your domain is secure. This means obtaining an SSL certificate, which encrypts the connection between the visitor’s browser and your website, protecting sensitive information from being intercepted by hackers. Having a secure domain can also improve your website’s search engine rankings, as search engines tend to favor secure websites.
Posting quality content consistently:
Keeping your website’s content up to date and posting consistently is important for several reasons. It not only helps to keep your visitors engaged and coming back for more, but it also signals to search engines that your website is active and relevant, which can improve your search rankings over time. Additionally, regularly updating your website’s content can help to establish you as an authority in your industry, which can lead to increased traffic, brand recognition, and sales.
Work on your on-page SEO:
You need to make sure you optimize your titles, descriptions, permalinks, and media elements, add internal links and use keywords and headings correctly. Utilize effective keywords that are relevant, timely, and not too spammy – otherwise, you may get penalized.
It all boils down to having your head in the right place and planning your move before you proceed. Have clarity of your long-term goal, and the rest shall fall beautifully in its place.
Why is niche important in improving a site’s authority?
It allows you to focus on a specific area of expertise or interest and create content tailored to your target audience. Niche also provides in-depth information and insights that can help you establish your website as an authoritative source of information in your industry, improving your website’s credibility and reputation.
How to get an SSL certificate for my website?
You can get an SSL certificate in four simple steps:
1. Select the SSL certificate that best fits your website’s requirements.
2. You must generate a CSR, a file containing the public key, and other identifying details for your website.
3. Send the CSR and any necessary supporting documentation to the SSL certificate provider.
4. Finally, you must install the SSL certificate on your web server after receiving it.
How are inbound links connected with the site’s authority?
Backlinks, commonly called inbound links, are crucial to a website’s authority. The more high-quality inbound links your website has, the higher your website’s authority is likely to be.
Last Updated on March 13, 2023 by Gaby